Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dramatic boot entrances

Oh fall. As I walked through our gorgeous campus with 18 tons of books on my shoulder I couldn’t help but rejoice at the fall weather. With ample pleasure, I’ll pull my jackets, and scarves from their sad summer homes, air them out in the crisp September air, and wear them with the pride of new mother. I love fall. Its almost unhealthy. And as if by some divine doctrine, pumpkin spice lattes are back at Starbucks. I think this is a good time to unveil my brown leather boots.

Anecdote about the boots:

One moderately temperate day, I was taking a break from work. I had a blue full knee length skirt, with a white shirt on, as well as my yellow calf length jacket, open in weather, scarf, unlooped, with the boots. The whole ensemble had a lot of movement. My jacket tails and scarf swung in the wind. And in this lovely free moving outfit I walked into a Starbucks, past one of their dedicated staff, restocking one of the kiosks in the entrance way, ordered my beverage, and turned to go. And no sooner had I turned around did this aforementioned employee say to me “oh my god. I love your boots! When you walked in it was sooo dramatic!!”

What a feeling. You know those parts of films where an important secondary character enters for the first time into the audience’s field of consciousness. There is usually some dramatic music, slow motion, wind machine, maybe lamenting inner monologue. That’s how I felt. Muse played in the back ground, someone made some remark about me, good bad or otherwise, wind machine tossed my green scarf in any which way. Yeah it’s pretty good.

Aside: boots will make their debut this season this weekend as I order a pumpkin spice latte, soy, with caramel sauce.

Yeah it’s dramatic

No comments: