Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy I Love Chris and You Wish Your Boyfriend was as Cute as Mine Day!!!




so, and this was requested, I have posted a new polyvore set. (apparently Chris likes to have them so that he can get gift ideas, though I should mention that knowing this makes the creation of a set seem like gift registry haha). Anyway, the set represents two important things:
1. To what extent I am bored in Professional responsibility.
2. That for this coming valentines day Chris and I are going to Mohegan Sun to celebrate. So while resatrants are full to capacity with loving couples staring into each other's eyes over pre-fix meals, boyfriends scramble to jewelry stores to make that last minute purchase they forgot AGAIN this year, women spend hours hoping they recieve something that will impress girlfriends, and single folk thank hallmark with curse words and bird flipping for creating singles awareness day; CHris and I will be gambling, drinking, and eating our evening away, in a "break the mold" valentine experience.

This of course creates certain issues such as what one wears to such an event. So keeping in mind that I need relatively comfortable footwear (back has been hurting), temperature versatile outfits (have no idea how warm it will be) and ample evidence to demonstrate to my boyfriend that I am still as sexy a bitch as I was last valentines, I set out, mid-boring-lecture, to create a set of possible ideas. And thank heaven for on-line fashion tools; what did girls do before the internet?

So here is the result: I am strongly leaning toward the second ensemble (right) which while consist of my new Martin and Osa skirt (similar to center) with a non-descript top (see top middle) which will ultimately have a silhouette similar to the dress (right). I'm thinking my brown Mary Janes (very comfortable due to thick heal which actually takes pressure off my lower back) and a scarf for added warmth as necessary. I am also thinking I should stay relatively bare on my lower half as my legs are one of my better assets (this is V-day remember.....think sexy). I also think the simplicity of this outfit will allow me to go daring with my jewelry choices.
note on that: I love bib necklaces but have not actually experimented with them yet. so this gives me a great (open neck) oppurtunity. (see far right and middle) I may in fact fashion one myself.
second note: I want to wear my new charm bracelt (another Alexandra origional)(middle, black with charms) but as I was looking at the jewelry section of polyvore I got hung up on the Juicy charms. Maybe I'm late to the game with these but they are cute as hell. I'm suprised I dont see more people wearing them (or maybe I'm the only one who acutally likes them) but come on!!! CUTE!!! I decorated the bottom of the set with a few of my favorites to illustrate. Incidentally they are very alrge (prob twice as big as your average charm so they require a bracelet that is also large (far right bottom) but I'm not sure I couldn't make the switch

was that an outrageously long post about clothing?
yes
Should anyone post on their outfit picking thought process?
no
So why do it?
Because I think the one thing people forget about this day (see cynical comments above) is that it's a celebration of love: be it for another person in your life (CHRIS!!!!!!) or yourself. Maybe what Hallmark should really stress on this day is that in a couple you're boyfriend/girlfriend is not the only person who deserves your affection, and that we all should take some time to celebrate both the love we have/will have, and the love we deserve

Any way that is that....see you after Mohegan!!!!
Happy Valentines/Singles Awareness/Hallmark/Pre-Fix Menu day!!!!

No comments: